Surili ankhiyo vali…!!!


    Last weekend (3 days) we went to Udaipur. Not for a holiday, but for a conference. As we had experience of previous such conferences, we were prepared for a conference only and we took enough care that any thought of visiting beautiful palaces of Udaipur could not enter our mind. We took different route and it took around 7 and a half hours instead of 5. we reached the resort by 2 PM I guess. Jaisamand Island resort is about 30 kms away from the city and it is Asia’s largest man made island. The place was really beautiful and of course away from the city (so that we could not escape from the meeting ;-) ). We took a boat ride to reach the resort.

    As we were badly tired, our vice president took pity on us and started with games. First game was to name a team and explain it’s meaning. I represented my team, named it as ‘Boosters and Blasters’. Explained it and of course I won. So, great starting and rest is a history (Do not ask ;-) ). We played some more games that day and next day we were supposed to be sincere as we had to set our KRAs (Key Responsible Area – goal setting for the next year) in one and a half day. My manager was absent and I was not satisfied the way my AGM was setting my KRA. So I had arguments with him and I decided not to decide my KRA.

    So had a busy day overall. I felt so relived in the evening when again fun activity started :-). Four teams performed skits on different topics and they were absolutely brilliant. We all have become professional nautanki baaj by now ;-). It went over by 9 PM and we joined for DJ. Yeeeeeeee… In meeting we were feeling so tired, but as soon as we touched the theque, we all were full of energy.

    The date was 13 february. Something suddenly stroked my mind and I became sad. Some memories of past incidents surrounded me and I became silent and stopped dancing and sat quietly. Others thought I was tired and that’s why I did not join them. But I was being grinded between noises from inside and outside. There was only one person who was probably aware about what was going on my mind and that is my dear prarthu ;-). Gradually everybody started getting bored or tired and sat one by one.

    And then DJ played a song ‘surili akhiyo vali…’ from ‘Veer’. I had heard this song before and I liked it. But that was a different version, original song + some remix bits. It sounded even more beautiful and very melodious. Unconsciously I got up, look at Prarthana and simply smiled. We detected the change in our mood. I took her hand in my hand and our legs moved on their own. We did salsa cum ball dance cum couple dance. :-D. Within a minute mood was lifted, we were fully charged :-) we forced him to play the same song again and entire group of young friends danced on that song. I felt so content and satisfied and the only expression remained on my face was smile. It was a perfect eve of valentine’s day. :-)

    I stopped for a moment and thought that how lucky I am to get a friend like Prathu, with whom I can share everything without saying a word. Most of the times, we exchange our ideas, serious issues or emotions in a blink of an eye. Words are optional in our type communication. How wonderful it is to have this level of friendship. It is very rare to find a friend who can understand your silence.

    And it is equally frustrating when people look at it in a ‘dostana’ way. It seems like a pure definition of friendship is very hard to expect from others now a day. But how does it matter to me? I know the boundaries and I value the friendship. And I am very lucky that I am blessed with such friends.. I am in love with Pooji,Vidu, Krupsy,Magdi and PiNK RiSK too ;), but of course Prarthu is little more special ;-).

    Next morning, before closing the conference, VP announced gifts for extra-ordinary performances for skits and also appreciated good dancers. And he added one more line to that with a smile: ‘It was a delight to see Prarthana and Komal dancing together.' A smile touched my face. I looked at Prarthana. Entire team was clapping for us and we both clapped for each other. In a fraction of moment, thousands of emotions were exchanged, interpreted and understood. Her eyes were looking so very beautiful. The eyes that have understood me, supported me all the time and befriended me in my all stupid activities. What can be more beautiful, more melodious than this? The song is written for you, dear… “Surili ankhiyo vali…” :-)

© Bridge Soul 

Comments

Inner Soul said…
Loved your blog. Cheers to everlasting and great friendship!
S.Chidipothu said…
Great... Great... Great Friend... Great Friendship... Great blog... and at last a Great Inspiration for People and Relations...
vishal said…
Touching one ...cheers !!!
Bridge Soul said…
Thank you so very much!! :-)
Beingnanu said…
*like* it... :)
15058393430434034343450355353203523052849439 times :D
Prarthana said…
Thanks for dedicating this song for me and writing such a beautiful blog...people say you dedicated a blog for me ...but i would rather like to say that this blog is dedicated to our friendship...everlasting friendship :) ...This is not what you feel about me and our friendship ,this is what we feel about each other and of course our friendship... :)
Unknown said…
really nice blog :) with beautiful description...
hats off to both of you and your friendship :)
Unknown said…
really nice one:-)..touchin too
sandip said…
example of true friendship!!!grt
Bridge Soul said…
Just saw ur comment.. Happy u read d blog :)

Popular posts from this blog

Jeene Ke Ishare Mil Gaye!!

3 years at Torrent!!!

Equal and Opposite...!!!