3 years at Torrent!!!

 
I am regretted for breaking my tri-blog series on tricity, but I could not hold myself from writing my tri-year experiences at torrent. Just like her name, there is a torrent of thoughts on my mind and I am struggling very hard on what to include and what to eliminate. Also I thought a lot about a pic and finally put just a logo which today for me worth a million words.

            Till college, life was easy. In school we had only one goal each year, going to next standard; same way in college we had only one goal, to clear a semesters. But after getting a degree, things changed. Things were not certain and I was little worried about my future and Almighty delighted me by flinging “torrent” into my lap. A company just 1 kilometer away from my home and also the technology I was gonna work on is one of the best IT technology. Some more positives started coming my way for example a great group of colleagues… mmmm.. no, it is not a right word.. a great group of friends, which is nearly impossible to find in an office environment.

            A friend who taught me to be fearless, daring and yet polite. A friend who thinks on the same line as I do and equally poetic in nature. A friend with whom I can share my all work related issues and my childish thoughts. A friend who has always accompanied me while my boss admonished us in initial days of job (as we were in the same module) and then laughed it out. A friend who taught me that love is liberty. A friend for whom just a name would suffice, Prarthu ;-). And there are many other gifts from “torrent”.

Life over here has not always been smooth. We had a vast world to explore and had to jump in an unknown ocean of SAP when we did not know even ‘A’ of ‘ABAP’ (programming language of SAP – Advanced business application programming). We were novice in this world and had very little business sense. It was not like other IT companies where your work ends with completion of your piece of development. It was necessary to be in touch with business process, understand it and follow professional mannerism, as your work directly affects business. But gradually we started molding ourselves into the new environment. Things became easy because we had very supportive seniors and because we understood that in order to get noticed, it is not important to be genius, you just need to be sincere.

And finally the day is here when I have established my monopoly in certain areas and people at other plants and subsidiaries get worried when they hear a news that  I am not going to be at Head Office for few weeks. The best part is when my senior boss (yes, senior boss – we have a looooooong hierarchy of bosses ;-) ) is worried about the future of developments of my module when I am not going to be available for few weeks. (I don’t know why it always gives me a sadistic pleasure to see anxious expression on his face :-P ).

There have been days where we feel bored and think that “Yaar, life is not enough challenging. We can not waste it over just job and home. We should learn something new, something different” but mostly we forget that this competence and stability to think about doing something new or spending money on such interesting activities is also a consequence of the fact we know we can spend money wherever we want because we ourselves have earned it and we are free to do whatever we want to do with it. And in my case, whenever I get bored from my routine, TPL arranges a trip for me to Abu, Udaipur, Chandigarh and where not ;-).

These three years have given me little stability and too many unrequited quests. Which I honestly don’t prefer to be answered easily, because this search keeps me active, makes me live; the way “torrent” does. Thank you TORRENT!!!!  :-) 


© Bridge Soul 

Comments

Rushin Shah said…
Excellent blog post.
Very lucid and yet beautiful way of expressing your love for your office. :-)

Keep writing, always...
'Says Krupsy' said…
Every artist once,comes out wid a masterpiece. Perhaps,dis one's just dat...Loved it Komsy... A touching one...Keep d passion wid which u work, forever live...
Bridge Soul said…
Thanks a lot Krupsy :-) :-) :-)
Nice blog. I really liked the simplicity with which you have expressed your love and gratitude towards Torrent and Prarthu.. ;-)
Bridge Soul said…
hahaha..... Thanks... :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Jeene Ke Ishare Mil Gaye!!

Equal and Opposite...!!!