@ the city beautiful - III


          
              So, here I am … writing the final post of this series. There is no particular theme for this post. It is not particularly dedicated to a place or a group of people. It is more about ‘Me’. Something that exists inside me and its dealings with an unfamiliar place, an untried domain.

            One good challenge was to manage in a place where you can not find any girl around. I had thought that I too would adopt some masculine syndromes by the time I will come back ;-). But I was totally wrong. This fact did not seize my feminine feelings; it actually helped it to bloom to the further level. I was always provided an extra attention & special facilities just because of being a girl.

Just because of this reason I thought I became popular over here. I did not know everybody’s name here, but everybody was aware about my entire profile ;-). Our vice president of HR was also here for a couple of days (from Head office). And one day I found him giving some instructions to admin manager. I thought I should at least say “Hello” to him, but changed my mind thinking that he must not be aware about me or have never even seen my face, so no point in greeting, & before I could even finish my thoughts, he said, Komal, how are you? & I was like :-o0O. How does he know my name? Also felt privileged while taking breakfast with our COO. To which these people made fun of,
A: Breakfast with COO? What’s the big deal? We everyday do it.
B: Everyday? How?
A: Each time we exhale, we leave carbon dioxide, so it is around while having breakfast, & carbon dioxide = CO2 = COO. X-(.

A very big disadvantage of being with boys is, they are never free for window shopping. And one thing which embarrassed me the most was I don’t keep myself updated with latest car models. On our way to office these people kept talking about hi-fi cars around & I was just used to turn up the volume of music system as I could not be a part of the discussion ;-). One day everybody thrice said, “ Superb, Supperb, Supppeeeerrbbb!!” I thought they must have seen some nice girl ;-) but when I looked back.. Oh…. a new model of Skoda…Really Superb!!!

The work part was also good. We have worked for 12 hours even on Sunday. And we were free to work the way we liked because we were responsible for the entire project. For workers in warehouse, Motorola devices were new toys and for us operating a fork lift was the most startling task to do ;-). A new friend, Graison has joined us. As he is from Kerala, he is not much comfortable with Hindi, but looking at the speed at which he is grasping command over the language, I think he will be a master of Punjabi by the time he will go back ( & hopefully I will learn little malayalam) :-D.

For one more time I observed people behaving little awkwardly after getting drunk. And I found nothing peculiar about it. What they do after getting drunk, I do everyday ;-), like I sometimes feel great desire to laugh without reason, sometimes I become sad without reason, sometimes I want to lose control and indulge myself, and me and Vidu can chatter for infinite period of time in lunch break without any specific topic. So, anybody who thinks I miss the fun if I don’t drink, doesn’t know how alcoholic my life is.

I also enjoyed observing people talking for hours on phone at night. If there would be a Swiss bank for relations, I am sure Indians would have top there too ;-).

I am now bugged of Gobhi & Paneer and I am feeling like my nail roots also smell of punjabi tadka. I am desperately waiting to go back home and have some delicious food from mummy. :-)



All in all a wonderful trip, taught me a lot. Some learning is not shared as it is impossible to mould it in words. But definitely this journey has given me an urge to change the direction of life path and motivation to move on further with rejuvenated force.

Alvida, City Beautiful!!! :-)
         
           © Bridge Soul  

Comments

'Says Krupsy' said…
:D Like some beautiful lines that u pin-pointed in the blog. Madiye tyare gapisu... ;-)
Inner Soul said…
Interesting post. Popular girl!! And breakfast with COO, a meal to remember i guess..
Thinkin of immersing urself in cars? guys will be guys ;)
I think people drinkin have not yet experienced the "Nasha" life gives
Welcome home, rejuvenated being. Of course lots to talk about

Popular posts from this blog

Jeene Ke Ishare Mil Gaye!!

3 years at Torrent!!!

Equal and Opposite...!!!