Do I need temple?

    Why do I go to temple? Because going there will rinse off my sins? Will it end my all problems? Will it give me money and make me powerful? Probably No. Probably Yes.

    Sometimes when I look at some person, I think would he/she have ever wondered like 'Who am I?', 'Where have I come from?', 'Where will I go?', 'What am I doing?'. Why some are rich and some are poor? Why some are happy go lucky and why some are angry young men? Why there are so many differences in terms of abilities and facilities? Whoever thinks such stupid things like me is shown the gate of temple. It is said that everything is God given. Who is God? The Almighty. The perfect being. You worship Him and He will give you everything you ask for.

    Why would he make differences among people? Does he need our attention? That we pray Him and he will give everything we ask for? Is it fair to fear children by His name and stop them doing what we don't like? What is God? Who is He? Does He live in idols?

    May be not, but still going there makes a difference. That is why such places are formed. The ultimate goal of any soul is liberation after omniscience. After that, soul becomes shapeless, formless and it would be probably incorrect to mould her into any shape. Still we need it because we ought to get answers this way. Everything is in mind. An idol actually doesn't solve a problem, but it is kept at a particular place. A place which is designed in a way such that people come there with good thoughts and lots of hopes. They remember the lord, they make wishes & become positive. Some people go to such places only to confirm how much they love their God who has shown path to hapiness, path to liberation. So the place becomes collection of many such good thoughts and contains very strong positive vibrations.

    Going to such a place will help you to calm down, think clearly and make a right decision. And you need to find out who are you? Where are you from? Where will you go? What will you be doing? And you need to start from somewhere. A religious place gives you a start. For example if I take my case, I always loved to hear myhtological and spiritual stories, but clarity was not there. I wanted to find out what is true. As a temple was on my way to office, I started going there daily. I don't know how but a big health issue was solved after I started doing that (I can feel that it was a co-therapy with Reiki.) I was in touch with other such people who were regular visitors like me. I met my spiritual Guru at this place one day. A Guru who has always shown me the correct path and guided me to read more. A hunger for knowledge was always there inside me. And reading right books helped me to understand what is right and what is wrong.

    Today I am living in a different house and a different office. Both far from any temple. I can go there only at weekends. Sometimes I miss going there but also the understanding which is developed throughout helps me to think right and act right even when I am away from a temple. If your thoughts are right, if your heart is pure, than every temples resides within you. But attractions to misguiding things are so heavy these days that in order to keep yourself rooted to the right spirit, you will need to go to such holy places.

    But also when I see people blindly following rituals without understanding, it hurts. They think that following rituals will pay off their Karma. It may be correct but unless right knowledge it won't be much effective. Austirities also help in paying off karmas, but with right understanding, right faith and right feelings(bhaav), karma will blast away and it will speed up the process of liberation. Never forget that actual idea of forming rituals is to develop understanding and compassion.


    I go to temple, look into His eyes, praise Him, fill myself with His presence and pray Him to guide me to become like Him. You are the limitless power. I request You to give me Your blessings and help me to ride on the right path and help others to do the same. I seek Your grace so that i can be with You till the time i survive and probably build at least Your one home(temple) which will be close to my place and close to my heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jeene Ke Ishare Mil Gaye!!

3 years at Torrent!!!

Equal and Opposite...!!!