Laptop or gold?



    What do you like more? A laptop or gold? a friend asked me some 10-11 years back (some conversations are carved). I had replied "Gold". That might be an expected answer from a girl who is recently passed out from a college, new in IT industry and single. Back to present. From a last couple of months my mother was after me to buy some gold. Today, I am at midlife crisis in IT industry :D, married and yes I can buy some gold if required. "But what will I do with that? :/" I replied to my mother. "What do you mean what will you do with the gold?" She replied feeling frustrated. I also realized that probably I had asked a very wrong question.
    Mother India won (as always). I went with her and selected a pair of bangles. Their design terminology was alien to me (familiar to mom). Finally while generating a bill, his system stuck and he apologized for the delay. There I jumped in and asked, "What software are you using? Who is the service provider? Is this always slow?" I never thought I would be like this one day. I will not put myself as overly dedicated or workaholic person. I do respect my job and it has certain impact on my thinking and personality. And priorities certainly change with time.
    And after the event ( just like every other event ), my mind had to ponder on few random things.
    First of all why there is so much significance of gold? I mean there is platinum, uranium, diamond, but gold has its own place. Economy wise it has its significance. Gold is a metal with the least chemical reactions. Spiritually gold symbolises soul. Each soul is believed to be pure. And those who are not liberated, their souls are covered by impurities. Right teacher and right knowledge with right conduct help them to get rid of those impurities. Golden aura means divine protection and enlightenment. This signifies higher spiritual vibrations. So I may have reduced the attraction for the material gold, but gold with symbolised meaning never cease to amaze me.
     Secondly what I understood what is gold was not actually gold, rather was not the only meaning of gold. I discovered the new meaning and there might be more. when words reveal their meanings (mostly multiple), I got thrilled. I felt jaw-dropped when Elif Shafak explained four meanings of a single line of Quran in her book. I wondered, was it possible that she was exposed to doctrine of "Anekantvaad" or integrity generates the same outcome for all? Who knows? There is lot more to discover; lot more to be revealed. We are normally stringent about our beliefs, but there are always different perspectives to the same thing. Being inclusive about other opinions always help. I will request my Alchemist to make me more inclusive, remove all ignorance and impurities and make me pure gold. :)
     And what do I like more? A laptop or gold? 
    I like both :-D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jeene Ke Ishare Mil Gaye!!

3 years at Torrent!!!

Equal and Opposite...!!!