Belated Happy Friendship Day..!!!


     Thanks to my busy schedule at my job and hyper-busy schedule at home which do not allow me to write much thesedays. Life is little busy with social gatherings, meetings, new recipes at kitchen and high expectations at work, emotional management after marriage and stress management before release. Finally stealing some time out for myself and writing about something I wanted to write from long.


     It is late to write with this title when friendship day is more than a month old, but pictures of groups of young faces on Ahmedabad roads are still fresh in my memory. I remembered my last friendship day spent with 3 of my best friends. Out of which one got recognition very early on my blog (yes, Prarthu ofc… ;-) ). And rest two are the ones I want to dedicate this post to.

     Words always fall short to explain any beautiful feeling; it is just to be felt. Still there is an attempt to show my sincere gratitude towards them and let them know how they’ve made difference in my life. Every friend has his/her own importance and his/her own special space in our life (Har Ek Friend zaruri hota hai… :-) ), But Vidula and Pooja are those rare friends with whom I can feel the smell of college as we were fresh from college when we started interaction and at the same time can discuss corporate erudition as we entered together as a newborn in corporate.

     It’s hard to remember from when we started interacting so much, from when we started feeling comfortable sharing whatever comes to our mind, from when we started understanding each other’s mood. It just happened. The best part which made this friendship different was although we were girls, we hardly allotted any time in talking like typical girls. We discussed movies; we discussed novels. We discussed psychology; we discussed career plans. We discussed philosophy; we discussed mythology. We discussed emotions; we discussed moods. We discussed success stories; we discussed fitness regimes. We discussed politics and we discussed sports. Some of the things we were never interested discussing were best places in city for hair-straightening, current love affairs in the office or any other such useless stuff. Long chat hours in riverside car- parking after lunch were best nutrition to our knowledge hungry souls.

     We moved a step forward and unknowingly helped each other to grow. Vidula is the one who helped me started sharing my writing. Otherwise even today instead of blogging, I wud’ve been writing in my personal diaries or mails. Pooja helped me learn eating faster. There was a time when I was taking 30-40 minutes to lunch and she was taking hardly 7-8 minutes. We reached a state where we both were taking equal 20 minutes. It is a great help as today others don’t have to wait for me to finish my meal at restaurants or parties. She’s saved me from one of the most embarrassing situations.

     Also I’ve learned from Punji (as I call her) is to be little careless. I can put my ideas more clearly and more confidently without having fear of how the other person will think about me. I take new challenges and can walk on path less traveled without having fear of results. Of course I’m not as bold as hers, but idea is to improve ourselves and not to be alike. Vidu taught me how listening is a key ingredient in care. She always listens to everyone with utmost patience and with interest. I’ve tried to implement this thing with my loved ones and seen how it has helped. You may not have capacity to solve problems but sometimes lending an ear also heals. Sometimes it also happened that while trying to explain her my problem, I’ve found solution of my own problem. She has created my interest in English songs. She’s taught me how to achieve happiness in small things. How can I forget that she accompanied me in Teach India campaign and the kind of feeling it gave was so very wonderful.

     We were blended so well that we forgot that there might come a time to be separated. That time came, but Puji and I didn’t realize much as we were still going to be together in a new organization. Even that happiness didn’t last long as our enthu Punji soon decided to change this company too. I’ve never told her but yes I felt pain that day. I was with her entire day on her last day in the company for all clearance formality. It probably created a bad impression for me as people thought I’ll also be leaving the company soon as I’m her friend. But who cared? She is much more important than a silly impression. More importantly I was sad because it gave me feeling as if I was separated from her and Vidu as well since Vidu was also with us in our chat if we both were together. From the first day in my office Puji was with me and now I was not going to have the opportunity to work with her. It was going to be tough. I waved her goodbye and smiled but I wanted to hold her back and hug. I let her go as it was for her better future. Also I realized how Vidu must have felt on our last day at the company.


    Today all 3 of us sit at different locations, work in different companies, can’t meet often. Still we share every happiness, every success, every confusion and every doubt either on mails and on phones regularly. We stand by each other in need. It was a great pleasure to eat from Vidu’s hands during my wedding as I was not able to eat on my own due to ‘Mehendi’. We enjoy whenever we can meet and seek each other’s advice in making important decisions.

     There is something more I want to tell you both. Your trust in my ability has helped me to grow. You’ve tolerated all my stupidities and encouraged all my ideas. I’ve strong faith in universal energy and friends like you are great gifts for life. I’ve tried different colors with you and enjoyed different tastes of life. There is a significant contribution of two of you in making me who I am today and made me believe that I’m good. May it be shopping on C.G.Road or cheese-grill sandwich opposite office campus. May it be presentation in team or Jaselmer trip. May it be constant babbling or silent walk, each and every moment shared with you is precious. We might be on different roads; still we’ve many more miles to go together on life-path.

      Stay in touch… Always..!!!

Comments

'Says Krupsy' said…
Indeed, a very thoughtful one, straight from the heart.. :-)
If I were to put it in Vidula or Pooja's reaction, it would have been, "Are bass kar ab, rulayegi kya ! "

Popular posts from this blog

Jeene Ke Ishare Mil Gaye!!

3 years at Torrent!!!

Equal and Opposite...!!!