7 year itch Vs 7 janamo ka bandhan..!!


Happy 7th anniversary to my husband and me of course..!! :D

2 sayings existing on the nuptial bond and both are on extremes.
First one is 7 year itch and the second one is 7 janamo ka bandhan (Bond of 7 lives).

Where the first one is a psychological term that suggests that happiness in a relationship declines after around year seven of a marriage. And we are crossing this border today. :O. What we will do now?. Lack of interest & Lack of happiness? Or lake of interest & lake of happiness? (Infidelity is out of syllabus anyway).

And the second one is our very traditional 7 vows following for 7 lives… May what come I am not going to leave you and I want you as my spouse for next 7 incarnation (I always think when someone says so if they know exactly which number of incarnation are they currently in? :-/ ).

Where are we standing my husband in these 2?

7 year itch – We are crossing this today. As such we know each other for 23 years as on the date but if you consider marriage then it is 7 years old. But it does not seem like 7 years. I mean there were differences and yet we were compatible. We do fight and we know it will end. You are neither so romantic nor I am so virtuous and we are perfectly comfortable like this only. Minerals and vitamins in excess sometimes cause disease so we perfectly balance that romantic/virtuous part and take care it is not in excess :D. I do babble a lot about my philosophies and you too bore me a lot with your battery and voltage design discussions :D. And their absence makes us feel incomplete.

7 janamo ka bandhan (Bond of 7 lives) – Why should there at all be a bond? And I am pretty sure on this part: I have never ever felt a bondage, a boundary, a compulsion or any kind of force from you in any matter. Nobody can guarantee tomorrow. How can someone guarantee for 7 lives? But till the time we are together, we will keep completing each other (I will keep complaining and you will keep complimenting ;) ). 7 lives phrase is designed to give surety of stability which I pretty much feel with you. I do threaten you about divorce sometimes but you ignore as if I haven’t said anything serious. 

Jokes apart, I want to seriously thank you for one thing from the bottom of my heart: stability. My feminine part probably requires that steadiness in the relation. Our tale is not fairy but it is real. Tangible. And that matters a lot. It takes years to find the soulmate and if found, not everyone is lucky to be with the one. We are lucky to be together. And even after being together there could be serious problems in a marriage. We should be grateful we are free from this. Nobody has seen tomorrow, but in these 7 years you have given me that much needed emotional strength. And with strongly rooted in you I have flourished in many other aspects. I am not the one who feels comfortable writing openly on social media. I do not say you are the best husband (probably because I've not tried others :P ), but that does not mean I value you less and you know that very well :D. Time is just a parameter. Be it seven years or be it seven lives: we need to promise to cherish our togetherness, grow spiritually and gulp secret juices of married life :).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jeene Ke Ishare Mil Gaye!!

3 years at Torrent!!!

Equal and Opposite...!!!