Ek nanhi si jaan!!!


   'O, Vahe guru, ab bahut ho gaya, ab is raat mein aur koi excitement nahi chahiye… ekdam boring banado ji is raat ko….' Heard somewhere???

   Yes, it's Geet's dialog in 'Jab we met' when she was very frustrated. From past few days I am also passing through the same situation. So many things are going on simultaneously and I feel exhausted. As if I am running very hard and want to rest for a while.

   So I put down my weapons and decided to sit still for a while. As I sat down, I looked up in the sky as if I was trying to talk to my Guardian Angel, closed my eyes and could see Him. And just like a normal human tendency to torture someone who lends us an ear, I also started babbling, 'Why there is so much of tension in life? Why there are so many problems? I do not want to work, don't want to do anything, I just want to run away somewhere.'

   He listened to me and just smiled. My mind, as if accessing some variables through memory address ;) took me to another segment of my life. Some pictures entered my mind frame. Images of those kids to whom I taught as a part of 'Teach India' campaign, All smiling faces, full of energies, full of charm. They are called under privileged children!! Even though they are privileged with endless happiness and enormous positive energy.

   It was perplexing. They belonged to poor families; they could not afford nutritious food or beautiful dresses. Girls had to go for work after school hours and some of the boys were addicted to tobacco at this age (10-11) as a result of poor morals & family values. They had not a single thing which we believe is necessary to be happy, to keep ourselves positive. They all are gurus of Sri Sri Ravi Shankar ;-).

   Then what's the secret of their energy?? (Sorry, they can't even afford Boost :-P ). One thing that was common in them all was they had no fear. No worry about future. For them whatever their parents do or their teachers say is an ultimate command. They don't give their mind much trouble. They accept what their guardians say.

   How wonderful it is to be a kid, No sorry for past and No worry for future. To sing loudly without noticing who is listening, open minds for acquiring knowledge, no care for money :-D, no Emotional atyachaars ;-) and most important, no responsibility for oneself, their guardians are responsible for whatever happen to them.

   Yes, I got the key :-). I looked at my Guardian Angel, He was still smiling. And with Him I felt as if I am a small kid. I felt the way a 4 year kid would have felt with his Parent; Safe, secure and fearless. I surrendered myself to Him. No complaints, No questions.. just a single request, "Take care of me, Guide me well, Hold my hand while walking on uneven paths of life, help me while crossing the "Bridge"… after all I am "Ek nanhi si jaan" :-)

© Bridge Soul 

Comments

Rushin Shah said…
Really beautiful post, though I somehow feel I have heard some of it somewhere. ;-)
Nevertheless, you completely echoed my thoughts and have very lucidly explained the same.
Keep Writing and Always "remember who you are". :-)
Unknown said…
O laal meri pat rakhio bala jhoole laalan -- O lord, May I always have your benign protection !!

this reminded me of one of my fav. numbers :-)
Excellent profile. You have this amazing knack to go down to your own "core" and write about it. Just amazing. Keep up the good work

Popular posts from this blog

Jeene Ke Ishare Mil Gaye!!

3 years at Torrent!!!

Equal and Opposite...!!!