@ the city beautiful - I


           I don’t know from where to start, but so many experiences are weaved on the time net of the last week (not talking about SAP Netweaver ;) ) I have so many things to share and also I have free time, free laptop and comfortable guest house environment. So here I am sharing my some experiences at Chandigarh.
            First new thing I came to know on the land of Chandigarh is from my cab driver on my way to company’s guest house from airport is that Chandigarh recently got an award of the cleanest city of India. Uncontaminated & traffic free roads are the biggest witnesses of the fact. The Mercedes standing next to our car caught our attention. But within 2 days presence of such cars became very ordinary. Octavia and Mercedes are the most common cars here. Happy to see such a place in India. People here are probably equally rich as Gujjus, but the only difference is these people believe in showing off; while Gujju are smart enough to save money and don’t waste them on such immaterial things ;).
            Also designs of buildings here are very different and beautiful. And the best part is high-rise buildings are not permitted here. Also the city is divided into sectors which gives you a feeling that you are in an organized town and not in a concrete jungle. On the road from my guest house to my office, there is a Mango belt of 6 kilometers. Each day when I pass through this Mango belt (tying my seat belt, even though I hate it), I observe clusters of mangoes on the branches of trees :-).
            A great motivational sentence from our great motivational force at office states, “Jalsa aj karvana”. We thought temperature here will be less compared to Ahmedabad, and that was also one of the motives to come here. We thought we’ll be able to do jalsa, but we were wrong, global warming has hit this place too and temperature here is also between 40 to 45 degrees.

            On our third day here, we visited Sukhna Lake. I must say it’s such a beautiful and romantic place. Serene lake, boat riding, soothing music, a walking track which attracts you to do work out ;), attractive trees, colorful flowers. I was flattered. On that single day I visited three states and one union territory: Punjab,Hariyana,Himachal Pradesh and Chandigarh of course.
            On the first weekend, we visited a hill station here named “Kasauli”. I had to wake up at 6 on Sunday also :(. But my all complaints were evaporated when I saw beautiful roads, felt some dew drops on my face, when I was embraced by cool breeze and visited a fabulous catholic church :-).
            I think this is it for now, will come back with some more experiences on work culture, colleagues here and interaction with few more people. So, Baki di gal baad me dassu gi ;)
           
© Bridge Soul  
           

Comments

Unknown said…
one more smooth & fine writing for cool state "Chandigarh" from cute girl..
'Says Krupsy' said…
Chandigarh described with alluring Simplicity of thoughts

Popular posts from this blog

Jeene Ke Ishare Mil Gaye!!

3 years at Torrent!!!

Equal and Opposite...!!!