Eternal sunshine of the spotless SIM!!!


    Friday I opened my notepad for my pending list of tasks, and I didn’t write anything official, instead I wrote my pending list of topics I want to blog. In addition to that, Papa gave me ultimatum to buy a new cell phone and this gave me one more topic to write ;-). One reason was also that I will be out of town for a month and my current phone doesn’t have multimedia, FM, camera or any other latest features, so he wants me to have a good phone with me while I go there. (For that also I had an argument that I already have a very good 12M camera and company of a great singer Mr. Songepedia –II, so I really don’t need it, but as a good kid I did not argue ;-) ). It was getting delayed from a long time. After all special people have a special choice... (In short phone select karvama bi nakhra ;-) ). And finally Nokia 5235 got an honor to be selected by me.
   
    Now the real dilemma started when salesman asked me to give my SIM, so that he can start the phone and I said, “No, not mine, use my father’s SIM”. He felt little odd, but who cares? I also asked him a stupid question “Does the new phone support Bluetooth?” He thought I must be technically a less literate person. There are so many new technologies and I am interested in Bluetooth? Still he managed to say decently, “Yes, every phone today supports it”. And I was relieved. After coming home Papa said, now at least you can replace your SIM. But again, the Genius Me said, “No, you use this phone for 2-3 days, learn new features and then I’ll replace my SIM.

    Stupid, yeah? I have been using this phone for nearly 4 years and it carries many beautiful memories and the only technology it supports is “Bluetooth” :-). Though it doesn’t provide latest features, but I have recorded some real beautiful memories in it. For example our bunking the classes and celebrating Rucha’s birthday with PiNK RiSK, Prarthu’s voice while sitting with her on lake, my duet song with Krupali while our HR exam preparation at my home, friends’ backwas at canteen… and most important of all, some beautiful messages, one of which also says, "we didn't realize we were making memories,we thought we were just having fun!" :-) :-).

    I still remember the day when Neha had some problem with her phone and wanted to replace her SIM in somebody else’s phone. She asked me. I could not say no but I was worried and asked her not to send any message, otherwise it may affect my inbox ;-). My breathing system stopped for a while & I waited impatiently until she removed her SIM from my phone. :-D

    That was for the first time and last time I allowed someone to use my phone to replace SIM & I also never use my SIM in any other phone. I never realized before that a non-living object can also have this level of sentimental value. So many priceless memories, even quarrels with friends, every heart touching sharing, memorable outings are stored and people say my phone is less featured, outdated. I am crazy about all these memories and can not afford to lose them.

    I remembered a beautiful movie “Eternal sunshine of the spotless Mind”. As I will soon start the process to clear things from my SIM and transfer it to the new phone. My SIM will now be spotless but like the movie I decided to re-visit all old memories my SIM has. The only sentence I can use for this experience is, “My eyes had rain and my soul, rainbow.” But I am happy for my SIM, it will be free to move anywhere now and can see new sunshine now. :-)

© Bridge Soul 

Comments

Prarthana said…
Hehe..
First of all congo for new phone with latest technology ;)

About ur SIM ramayan..i still remember one incident.. When PiNK RiSK came to ur place..Snehu used ur phone with her SIM :D

u were shounting k amathi mara msg na java joie... n ur face was like
amathi ek pan mesage gaya ne to badha nu avi banyu :D :D

But yeah ..i behaved same as you when i changed my cell ;)
Anonymous said…
Typical girly behavoiur,
Useless people,
U all are creating your own emotional boundaries.....
I have changed my mobiles 4 times, each time I have heppiness in my heart that m buying a new mobile, that's all. Let's allow brain to think not your heart :)
Beingnanu said…
why these blogs sites don hav "like" buttons?? :(

Popular posts from this blog

Jeene Ke Ishare Mil Gaye!!

3 years at Torrent!!!

Equal and Opposite...!!!