Eternal bond of matrimony - II

   
    After a maiden month ;-), I am back to blogger. It may seem like I am following Hollywood’s naming conventions & my past few blogs end with a number. Even though the first part is not written by me, I can give this post a sequence number as it is written by my blog partner only. For those who doesn’t have reference to it, here is the link: http://soulcurryvariety.blogspot.com/2010/07/eternal-bond-of-matrimony.html

    Very nicely written and I completely support it. It is just that I want to add my own views & nowadays this is something which is a point of concern for most of my “unmarried” friends. I am not here to give any solution, but may be to create more doubts:-D. Eternal bond of matrimony: sounds imperative. And it is fun to see how carelessly most of the people play with it. Not because they like to play with their lives, but because of lack of alternatives. Not by choice, but by compulsion.

    A binding of two soul mates where they live, love, respect, share and cherish everything under the sun. On contrary to which I believe marriage is not love. It may sound spurious but fact remains the same. Love is like a dream and marriage is a reality. As shown in Inception, when you are dead in your dream, you are awake. One more sound proof, you will never know the exact date on which love started, but you can always tell the exact date of your marriage ;-).

    Love is just not enough for successful marriage. Marriage requires maturity & adjustment, while love is all about craziness & fantasy. Marriage is a decision wisely taken, while love is all about losing control. Marriage is about tying a knot; love is about setting one free.



    Now the question is if only love is important, why is it necessary to marry someone? Even in case of love marriage, why is it important to tie a knot? The answer I have found from my analysis is, people marry because they need security. More correct for girls. Girls need emotional security. Normally when you feel you are stable & secured, at that stage your growth stops. Like in case of your work, when you find your comfort zone & do not want to move out of it, at that stage you normally block your growth. Similarly in case of love, when you feel you have done enough experiments with your life or when you find your comfort zone, you marry.

    Like rightly said in the movie, “The mirror has two faces”, Love has nothing to do with marriage or sex (Many a times in Indian culture, people look at marriage as a license to sex, which is very disappointing.) People fall in love for a simple reason; because while it lasts, it feels great. Marriage is sometimes considered as a happy ending for love. Very true, marriage is an end of love & true love never has an ending.

    I am not against marriage; I am of the opinion that it should not be confused with love. And my humble request to all Barjatyas and Chopras, “Please, stop misguiding the youth”. I will end my post by saying that marriage is an institution, Love is a learning process. Now what is more important for you is something you need to decide… to get a degree from Harvard?? or to become someone like Edison… :-)

© Bridge Soul

Comments

Very nicely written blog. I agree with it more or less.

Although there is a correction. You say marriage is an institution. Although you did not specify what sort of institution.

In my humblest of opinions it is a "mental" institution.
Unknown said…
Matchfinder has a big database of Padmasali brides and grooms. Register and contact profiles instantly. Padmashali Matrimony

Popular posts from this blog

Jeene Ke Ishare Mil Gaye!!

3 years at Torrent!!!

Equal and Opposite...!!!