Strings attached..!!

 You have become a big boy now. 2 years plus 2 weeks.  You speak everything now. You know my company's name. The city I go for work. Now you have started saying good bye to me when I leave for my office. It was not easy. Till now I used to kiss you before I go for bath and immediately after that I used to leave when you were busy playing with something in other room. If you are in the drawing room then I would leave from the kitchen. The intention was not to cheat you. But whenever you saw me going anywhere you were crying and that made me feel very guilty. But after reading a chapter in book 'Kids care' (by Rohit Shah), I felt I was truly escaping and made you felt cheated. So after you turned 2, I started saying good bye. You already knew it in your heart that I was going to office everyday. And everyday after I was leaving for the office, within 5 minutes you were asking your grandma, 'Where is Mamma?'. She always replied correctly that I went for the office and you were not responding after asking once. You behaved to become indifferent of this thing but you were not. Same way initially when I started saying good bye before going to office, you did not respond. You continued doing your stuff. No eye contact, no response. Still I kissed you in your forehead and said bye. Probably you were angry with me. But gradually you started looking at me while I go and finally today you said, 'Ok Mamma, you go.' You also brought my purse I had put on the chair and handed it over to me. It was a great relief to see you accepting it.

When you will grow and become a young man, you will also have to go out: to learn, to work, to expand your boundaries. I will be thinking of your well-being and missing you very hard. Probably at that point of time I will be comparatively free. But I should not be complaining. I will remind myself that you have supported me very beautifully when I was on my path. You have never behaved in a manner that I have to rush back from the office and calm you. I will read this part when I will become old and will try to support you and become understanding so that you will not feel irritated of me.

No matter near or far, our strings are attached and we will always be connected.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jeene Ke Ishare Mil Gaye!!

3 years at Torrent!!!

Equal and Opposite...!!!